The following tasks show you how to perform operations based on the Kueue user personas such as batch administrators and batch users.
A batch administrator manages the cluster infrastructure and establishes quotas and queues.
As a batch administrator, you can learn how to:
- Setup role-based access control to Kueue objects.
- Administer cluster quotas with ClusterQueues and LocalQueues.
- Setup Sequential Admission with Ready Pods.
- As a batch administrator, you can learn how to monitor pending workloads.
- As a batch administrator, you can learn how to run a Kueue managed Jobs with a custom WorkloadPriority.
A batch user runs workloads. A typical batch user is a researcher, AI/ML engineer, data scientist, among others.
As a batch user, you can learn how to:
- Run a Kueue managed batch/Job.
- Run a Kueue managed Flux MiniCluster.
- Run a Kueue managed Kubeflow Job. Kueue supports MPIJob v2beta1, PyTorchJob, TFJob, XGBoostJob, PaddleJob, and MXJob.
- Run a Kueue managed KubeRay RayJob.
- Submit Kueue jobs from Python.
- Run a Kueue managed plain Pod.
A platform developer integrates Kueue with other software and/or contributes to Kueue.
As a platform developer, you can learn how to: